2005-02-08

TechTip: Mozilla Thunderbird - A Great Add-on

Back in December I told you to switch to Mozilla Thunderbird for your email client. If you haven't switched yet here is a great incentive: Senderface. (and if you have already switched this is a great bonus). In a nutshell Senderface is an extension (plug-in) for Tbird that lets you associate an image with an email address. Now when you open an email from Aunt Myrtle there is a thumbnail image of her smiling face next to her name. I receive a lot of newsletters and this really helps me keep up with what I am reading.

The "face" can be any size PNG image. I recommend you limit the height to 64 pixels or it starts hampering your ability to read the email. Depending on your screen resolution it can easily be 200 pixels wide, making it very handy to use a webpage banner for the newsletters.

Trust me on this one - use it once and you will be hooked.

You can download Mozilla Thunderbird here
You can download the Senderface extension here.
View Senderface screenshots here.
Convert your images to PNG format (freeware) Easy Thumbnails or IrfanView32.

I have a picture
Pinned to my wall
An image of you and of me and we´re laughing
We´re loving it all
- from the song "Hold Me Now" performed by The Thompson Twins (c) 1984 Bailey, Currie and Leeway

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home