2005-11-22

From: Office@cia.gov

I received a nice email from the CIA today.

From: Office@cia.gov
Subject: You visit illegal websites

Dear Sir/Madam,

we have logged your IP-address on more than 30 illegal Websites.

Important:Please answer our questions!The list of questions are attached.

Yours faithfully,Steven Allison

++++ Central Intelligence Agency -CIA-
++++ Office of Public Affairs
++++ Washington, D.C.20505
++++ phone: (703) 482-0623
++++ 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., US Eastern time


Wow the government agent signed it "Yours faithfully". Now there is a tipoff this email is fake. Not to mention the fact my antivirus blocked the email attachment with the message: "Virus identified I-Worm/Sober.CF".

These emails started going out a couple days ago. Although all the reports I've read so far say the email is from the FBI.

All right class repeat after me:
  • "I keep my antivirus updated"
  • "the FBI, CIA, ATF, Ebay, Microsoft, Interpol, and my bank do not send Dear Sir/Madam emails"
  • "I keep my antivirus updated"
  • "I will not open attachments from unknown sources"
  • "I keep my antivirus updated"

Yours faithfully,
Quinqube

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not only should I expect the CIA to know if I am a sir OR a madam, the e-mail was addressed to someone OTHER than me! So, how the hell could MY name be showing up, if they didn't know my name to SEND me the message.
As you say,
I will keep my anti-virus updated,
I will keep my anti-virus updated,
I will keep my anti-virus updated!

7:34 PM  
Blogger Hens and Chicks said...

Avast!

If there be need to contact me about matters of security or otherwise, I maintain a Gmail.com address for such purposes. They recognize me there as kbauman.

7:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home